Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sitting Across

You.

Sitting across this desk. Surprised to find this letter. Fighting urges to already get to the end of it.

You.

Comfortably in your chair. With an increasing heartbeat and a warm feeling inside. Already longing for more, wondering what the following words might say. 

Leaning in to follow closely.

To that girl staring at the screen, looking pretty and mesmerizing.

I want to tell you something.

I woke up with you right at the center of my life. At the center of my very existence. And I want you nowhere else. You are everything I ever wanted...and still want.

You are the reason for the opening of my eyes while the dew still sets.

You sit at the center of my thanksgiving and gratitude.

You are the gravity that pulls me to sanity.

You are the melody that soothes my soul.

You are the words that rhyme in my prose.

You are the star that has now become my sun.

Thank you for being so lovely. 

I may not be a man of many words but here's three words I can eternally give you with all my soul:

I. Love. You.

I love you, in Christ.
I love you, in Love.
I love you, in Friendship.
I love you, in Sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home